KITCHEN SUPERVISOR - Summary:
Oakbrook Health & Rehabilitation Center is a 93 bed, "Deficiency Free" skilled nursing and rehabilitation center located in Labelle, Florida. Our trained staff of caregivers prides themselves on providing nursing, rehabilitation and custodial care for our residents. Oakbrook Health & Rehabilitation has been recognized as a past recipient of the Silver Commitment to Quality Award presented by the American Health Care Association for quality care and service. Oakbrook Health and Rehabilitation center is a proud community of Gulf Coast Health Care.
We are looking for a competent and conscientious individual with a customer-oriented approach who desires to work in our Culinary Department assisting the Director of Culinary Services in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Culinary Department in accordance with current, federal, state, local, and center standards, ensuring that quality culinary services are provided on a daily basis and that the Culinary Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. Our goal is to provide excellent food services and AMAZING meals for our residents.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR - Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Culinary Services in planning all aspects of culinary operations, including setting priorities and job assignments; completing and posting staff schedules; verifying raw food, supplements, and supplies inventories to prepare for weekly orders; entering new admits into tray tracker system and printing resident meal tickets; weekly review of sanitation compliance; monitoring each shift's activities, communicating policies, evaluating performance, providing feedback, and assisting, coaching and discipline as needed.
- Help conduct regular rounds of food service delivery and test trays to monitor the delivery of culinary services, the effective coordination with other resident care services, the quality and appearance of the food, and the morale of the staff and to ensure residents' dietary needs are being addressed in a proactive manner.
- Visit new admissions to obtain food preferences.
- Help coordinate culinary services with all other resident care services to ensure the smooth integration of the Company's interdisciplinary approach to quality resident care.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Assist the Culinary Department to ensure associate relations practices are in compliance with employment laws and company policies and ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, positive supervisory practices, and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Manage turnover and ensure current and future staffing through development of recruiting sources and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, and staff education.
- Help provide the Director of Culinary Services with requested assistance in developing the culinary services budget.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR - Responsibilities:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of high school education or otherwise show ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must have one (1) year experience as a cook as this position is a full-time cook.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must be able to work weekend and overtime as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam if required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as directed by the Administrator/Director of Culinary Services.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Healthcare Dietary experience preferred.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR - Benefits:
As part of the Gulf Coast Health Care family, we believe in the power of our associates and their ability to grow and learn from within. We encourage you to contribute and want to make a difference within our organization. At our center, we're proud to empower a diverse work environment, which in turn inspires and elevates the lives of our residents each day. When you join our team, you're offered excellent benefits including:
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision
- An opportunity to learn and be challenged while offering future career advancement opportunities
- Competitive wages with consideration for experience
- Vacation - paid earned time off
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement