Our Exciting Work Environment
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Bridgestone Arena, we provide food and beverage concessions, restaurant services and retail for our partner, the NHL's Nashville Predators. We're working behind the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.
Are you a resourceful chef who holds your kitchen to a very high standard, enjoys training, and can motivate your staff to deliver a consistently enjoyable experience day after day? Whenever you see an opportunity to improve the customer experience, you can't help but take action! This position is ideal for someone who enjoys a challenge!
- The Executive Chef will be responsible for overall management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs. The successful candidate will coordinate and control total function of the kitchen pertaining to food production and quality assurance.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department regulations.
- Hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens. Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assures staff compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Managing associates utilizing Sous Chefs and Lead Cooks through planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development.
- Administers Corrective Counseling process, training and development, appraisals, payroll accountability. Acts as role model.
- Plan menus, catering packages, and daily specials maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials. Prepare reports regarding food and menu analysis. Prepare annual budgeting and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Oversees inventory management to assure all outlets are adequately supplied at all times. Performs periodic inventory.
- Requisitioning and purchasing within corporate specifications. Maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Ten years culinary management experience. Previous experience in a management role in high-volume, multi-unit restaurant or large-scale catering operations environment; experience supervising personnel. Experience in a sports venue preferred.
- Extensive knowledge & skills monitoring food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Expertise with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on client and customer service.
- Maintains openness and willingness to learn new techniques and improve abilities.
- P&L accountability and/or contract managed service experience is desirable.
- Skilled with various computer programs.
- Familiar with health and sanitation guidelines.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- ServSafe Certification
- ACF Certification levels CSC, CCC or CEC preferred or must obtain ACF certification within the first 2 years of employment.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.