Seeking an experienced, energetic and creative GM to oversee F&B operations for Curio and the Chapel!
Curio Restaurant & Bar is located on a prime stretch of Valencia Street adjacent to the beloved Chapel music venue. Curio operates as a separate restaurant serving dinner 5 nights a week and brunch on the weekends, while also providing food and beverage service within the Chapel venue and bars.
There is great synergy between Curio and the Chapel, with both the music venue and the restaurant/bar hosting live music 4-5 nights/week. Patrons of both Curio and the Chapel mingle over drinks, food and live entertainment. Multiple events are celebrated "throughout the house" - including NYE, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, Pride Weekend, Halloween, and more - with décor, music and food & drink specials served up.
The Restaurant General Manager oversees all aspects of restaurant and bar operations for Curio and the Chapel, working closely with the music venue GM and managers to ensure a seamless guest experience.
The GM directly manages all FOH employees, and oversees Bar, Kitchen and Private Events operations - working closely with the Chef, Bar Manager and Events Director. The GM has P&L responsibility for F&B operations, and works with the Controller to review financial reports and make adjustments as needed.
The GM will also work creatively with the marketing manager to enhance social media presence and promote restaurant events.
• Effectively manage staff by keeping an open door policy, mentoring and encouraging growth, and maintaining a positive work environment
• Continually evaluate operations and provide feedback and suggestions to ownership
• Attend weekly planning meetings with venue, restaurant, bar, kitchen, and events managers to communicate upcoming events and address issues
• Attend period-end meetings with Vine Solutions (accounting company) to review revenue and expenses, discuss any issues, and make adjustments to increase profitability
• Review labor & expense reports on a regular basis and provide feedback and corrections to financial controller
• Oversee maintenance of restaurant and bar areas, ensuring that any maintenance and repair issues are addressed promptly
• Hire, train and manage FOH staff; develop updated SOPs for restaurant and bar standards, including opening and closing duties, ambience, cleanliness, etc.
• Ensure positive guest service throughout the restaurant and bar areas
• Develop and oversee marketing and social media strategy for restaurant and bars, working closely with Marketing Manager
• Oversee Bar, Kitchen, and Events operations, working closely with Bar Manager, Chef, and Events Director to ensure profitable Chapel/Curio F&B operations
Curio is a bar and restaurant that honors all things unconventional. Located next to The Chapel, the Mission's most prominent performance venue, our eclectic space brings together some of life's greatest pleasures - well-crafted cocktails, delicious food, and live music.