Summary of Position:
The Executive Chef wil execute all kitchen functions including logistics, scheduling, menu creation, food purchasing, cost control, sanitation/cleanliness, preparation and training.
He/she will help manage all kitchen staff.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Food consistency & quality adherence, recipe creation, and recipe following.
• Assist in scheduling, hiring, and training kitchen staff
• Provide ongoing training about food, new menu items and seasonal menu
changes to all staff.
• Control food cost and usage. Ensure proper organization and food storage.
• Knowledgeable of kitchen policies regarding personnel and administers
prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of
company policies, rules and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining regular cleaning schedules for kitchen floors,
mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
• Responsible for training all BOH employees on cleanliness and sanitation
• Respond to industry conditions and trends including competitor's activity.
• Preserve healthy relationships with all purveyors to establish competitive
pricing, source new products and maintain the quality of all raw goods.
• A minimum of 6 years of cooking experience. 2 years of kitchen
• Must be able to communicate clearly with Corporate Executive Chef, Owners
and BOH employees.
• Must have a positive attitude towards work and enjoy a team driven
• Must be flexible and a possess the ability to adapt to stressful/changing
• Must have a valid state of California Serve Safe Managers Card.
• Must have basic computer Skills and experience.
Please reply back with a desription of your favorite meal