Upscale casual full-service Restaurant company with Multiple locations in the NY metro area has an immediate opportunity for a Director of Human Resources.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Develop and implements human resource strategies, policies and goals
Supports strategic objective
- Hires staff and negotiates employment agreements
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations relating to human resource
- Manages employee grievances and disputes
- Develops and implements programs for employee development designed to enhance job satisfaction
- Develops and implements onboarding procedures
- Responsible for the selection and implementation of benefit packages including compensation, insurance, and bonus.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures the organization's compliance.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
- 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Director
- Verbal and written command of the English language (multi-lingual preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of the Workday HRIS
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience operating in NYC Market
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related Hospitality field.
- Master's degree preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred