Tzell Travel Group, a division of Travel Leaders, is one of the largest travel agencies in the US, headquartered in Midtown Manhattan. We are one of America's most innovative and growing travel companies. The right candidates will work in an environment that is supportive, professional, educational, and enjoyable.
Tzell is currently searching for an Events Coordinator. The Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting Tzell Travel's administrative operations by planning, organizing and implementing events. Executing specific client and in-house events including FAMs, mini trade-shows, themed office days, branch meetings and other events as scheduled. Designing monthly events calendars, digital invitations (e-vites), managing RSVP lists, and follow-ups with event hosts and attendees.
- An effective collaborator, team builder and solutions-driven thought leader.
- Possess strong project management and organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess skills in properly framing and managing difficult and/or complex situations and scenarios; while simultaneously managing multiple competing and shifting priorities.
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship skills, including effective consensus building.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple and varied channels.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Event planning includes: in-house and client specific events, FAMs, tradeshows, branch meetings, in-office theme days.
- Provides daily communication on project status.
- Offer onsite back-up support when needed.
- Creates and prepares onsite meeting materials.
- Reconciles billing.
- Designs and distributes monthly events calendar.
- Designs and distributes invitations/e-vites for all events.
- Manages RSVP lists and all communication leading up to event.
- Ordering supplies (decorations/food/beverages/etc.,) for events.
- 3-5 years in events/meetings experience.
- Ability to work with moderate-level supervision on multiple tasks and with multiple tight deadlines; must be a self-starter who can work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple events simultaneously.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Creative skills in graphic design are required.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.