Back of The House, the restaurant group behind some of San Francisco's most unique concepts and favorite neighborhood spots, such as Beretta, Lolinda, Delarosa, Starbelly, El Techo, Uno Dos Tacos, Wildseed, Flores, A Mano, Barvale, and Super Duper Burgers, creates concept-driven restaurants that encompass the spirit of their San Francisco neighborhoods.
We are seeking a staff accountant to work from our home office.
The Staff Accountants role is to provide accounting and administrative support to Back of the House Restaurant Group's growing portfolio and to facilitate the day to day accounting functions. The Staff accountant will have specific tasks to complete consistently, but will also have the opportunity for ad hoc analysis as needed by the accounting department. This position is ideal for an entry level accountant that is looking to join the Food & Bevererage / Hospitality industry, and is excited and eager to learn about the craft of accounting!
Financial Reporting, Compliance and Audits:
· Assist in the period close process to ensure timely and accurate P&L's
· Prepare period end journal entries for review and approval by Assistant Controller, including amortization of prepaids, inventory adjustments, miscellaneous reclasses and accruals
· Sales Tax Filings and coordination of Property Tax filings.
· Prepare information requested by external, property tax, sales/use tax auditors and insurance auditors to assure timely audit fieldwork
· Distribute financial reports to key stakeholders
· Perform periodic inventory and cash audits at the restaurants
· Collaborate with restaurant operations to provide support and assistance
· Track restaurant cash deposits and reconcile bank accounts and credit card receipts
· Reconcile select balance sheet accounts, including prepaids, deposits, rebates and accruals
Qualifications & Education
• Accounting degree required with 2-4 years accounting experience
• Multi-unit experience preferred; Retail or restaurant industry experience beneficial
Knowledge & Skills
• Proactive and collaborative team member
• Experience with multi system inviroments including mid-market ERP system preferred
• Moderate proficiency in Excel required (e.g. pivot table, sumif, vlookup, etc.)
• Must be able to function effectively in an open office environment
Job Type: Full-time