Unit Description Do you have a real passion for food and strong leadership skills? Sodexo
is seeking an Executive Chef 1
for our Corporate Dining Services segment
supporting the Delta Air Lines Global Headquarters - Training Facility. This a great opportunity for a polished and professional Chefseeking to grow their career and skill set in Corporate Dining.
Looking for a dynamic, hands on candidate to maximize the appeal of our culinary program and support catering operations. This candidate will be cooking with the team on a daily basis. Must have financial savvy to understand inventory, purchasing, cost controls, and menus. Innovation and presenting trending food concepts are critical.
We are seeking candidates with excellent client and customer facing service skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to lead other employees in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service. This Executive Chef will oversee around 20 hourly Sodexo production employees and experience managing a team is a key skillset. Why apply to this position?
Is this opportunity right for you?
- This position offers a predominantly Monday through Friday schedule
- There is a great opportunity to make an impact and build a great team
- Sodexo provides unparalleled opportunities for career advancement
- You'll have independence and autonomy
- You'll report to an experienced and knowledgeable manager
If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
We are seeking Executive Chef candidates with the following in their culinary "toolkits":
- Management and Influence: Can you demonstrate your ability to successfully lead and inspire kitchen employees? Can you influence others to successfully complete their given tasks with high quality outcomes and within budget and time-frame?
- Innovation: Can you show us great examples of your ability to add creativity to Sodexo's café and dining menus?
- Training: Can you develop and train culinary teams in new concepts?
- Cost Controls: Can you successfully utilize Sodexo costing tools and computer software programs to manage and positively affect the food, labor and inventory costs for the campus including an understanding of product costs and maintaining GP targets? Do you have strong computer skills, ideally in Word and Excel?
- Flexibility: Can you demonstrate your ability to flex and adapt to different types of communication styles and interact successfully with Sodexo staff and client customers?
- A strong artistic culinary flair - can you impress our customers with your culinary skills?
- Knowledge of current culinary trends - can you compete with big city food trends and top chefs?
- The ability to conduct research - Can you consistently provide sustainable and creative menu options based on national and global food trends?
- Ability to shine in the front of house as well as in the kitchen?
- A strong work ethic - Do you always strive for the best and never cut corners?
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through executionKey Duties-Executes the culinary function-Customer & Client satisfaction-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experienceBasic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.