We believe in quality ingredients - and not just for our food. Our most valuable
ingredient - the heart of our business - is you.
**Potential Signing Bonus** Sodexo Aviation
has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Executive Chef
to join the elite team of professionals who will operate the exclusive United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
. We are seeking a talented individual who will commit to the challenges of creating and delivering a culinary-driven, fine-dining experience, within a thoughtfully designed travel oasis. The ideal Executive Chef will have a culinary degree as well as eclectic menu knowledge and fine dining ala carte experience. This is a hands-on Chef role requiring previous experience managing upscale food production. The successful candidate will:
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
Learn more about the new United Polaris lounges
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs. Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.