Alcatraz Cruises Snack Bar attendants are responsible for customer service, food preparation, cashiering and general Snack Bar cleanliness and maintenance. As a Snack Bar attendant, you love helping people and are patient when it comes to answering any questions. As a team member you appreciate teamwork and a fast-paced environment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests.
- Selects requested food and beverage items from serving and storage areas and assembles items as needed
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and food safety department practices.
- Prepares hot and cold beverages according to department procedures
- Maintains clean and safe eating and serving areas
- Efficiently stocks and supplies food and non-food products according to department procedures.
- Operate all necessary snack bar equipment.
- Restock and clean snack bar after every shift
- Accurately processes and finalizes cash and credit according to department procedures.
- Follows proper procedures for completing credit card transactions
- Follows proper procedures for opening and closing cash drawers
- Participates in Respect The Planet practices while on duty
- Upsell products when serving guests; build guest awareness of various offerings/products in all areas of Food and
- Execution of responsible cash handling and proper point of sale processes is necessary for cash control and loss prevention, as required when assigned to point of sale and ticketing systems for processing transactions
- Overseeing, preparing, handling and dropping cash banks responsibly as required when working with cash banks, point of sale and ticketing systems
- Assists guests with questions regarding SF and Alcatraz.
- Assists in all facets of Food and Beverage as needed
- Additional duties assigned
- One year retail cash handling preferred
- 1 year food and beverage experience in a retail or restaurant operation preferred
- Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours a week during peak season, weekends are required
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check as required per company handbook
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
ABOUT ALCATRAZ CRUISES:
Do you share Alcatraz Cruises' passion in providing superior levels of service and creating memorable guest experiences? If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a work environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, we may have just the opportunity for you. Join our exceptional crew today! WHY WORK, WHEN YOU CAN CRUISE?