Sushi Hon, Japanese Omakase Restaurant currently looking for multiple positions. We are located in the heart of the Mission District. Harrison St. has a long history of great restaurants and we hope to uphold that tradition. Using the freshest ingredients we aim to take a contemporary approach to traditional Japanese cuisine.
**Omakase Chef/ Sushi Chef**
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as a Omakase Chef
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a Sushi Chef
- Must have excellent sushi knife skills
- Attention to details and follow the directions of head chef/manager
- Keep clean and organized(i.e sharpening your knife, keeping the station clean, uniform, etc.) as you will be working at an open kitchen
- Be able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Knowledge of fish handling, breaking & cleanup
- WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE!
- Part-time position 2-4 days a week
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English
- 2 or more years of experience working with Japanese cuisine. Must have knowledge of rolls, nigiri, sashimi, etc.
- Reliable and flexible schedule
- Friendly, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Part-time position (mainly Friday, Saturday and Sundays)
- Must have excellent time management and communication skills
- Attention to detail and follows direction well
- This is not an easy job, you need to be able to multitask in a busy environment
- Experience with using OpenTable and Yelp Reservations is a plus, but we are willing to teach the right candidate
Call/ Text Min
Elevated bistro serving sushi, à la carte Japanese classics & an omakase menu in modern environs.