Job Title - Regional Chef Trainer
*This position can be based out of New York or Washington D.C
Reports to: Director of Culinary Operations
Summary of Position:
As a regional chef, you are responsible for training, coaching and developing our team in all areas culinary.
The Regional Chef Trainer is responsible for training our district/general and kitchen managers in all functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, inventory, AVT reviews, preparation, quality standards, safety, software, sanitation and cleanliness.
The Regional Chef Trainerf ensures that the food we serve always meets or exceeds our standards of excellence at all times, especially non-peak times when the amount of food prepared is critical.
While the Regional Chef Trainer will report to the Director ofCulinary Operations, it is expected that this person would take responsibility for setting the expectation for all managers to work as a team and set the example of our standards at all times, whether it is cleanliness, organization, or food quality. The Regional Chef Trainer must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership in order to motivate others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hold scheduled walk-throughs at all locations in coordination with the DM and GM to:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Little Beet recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Manage food cost through control of purchasing, waste, portioning, management of inventory rotation and product storage standards.
- Maintain exceptional work environment for all employees (Clean, safe, happy)
- Drives culinary excellence and quality standards for all locations
- Leads culinary initiatives amongst management
- Manages performance toward business goals
- Mentor GM's and KMs, ensuring the development and training of our culinary leadership team
- Partner with District Managers on food safety
- Leads training and implementation of culinary initiatives and Ensure initiatives meet deliverables
- Compiles and presents strategic recommendations directly impacting all culinary operations to senior management.
- Develops and oversees BOH operating materials implementation - including order guides, prep lists, recipe template use, and food waste reduction initiatives
- Train chefs on best practices including menu and production/prep expectations and guides, opening/closing checklist and responsibility guides
- Maintenance of equipment - cleaning responsibilities and how to
- Leader within manager team meetings, working with District Managers to uphold our standard.
- Drives continual improvement and culinary knowledge for our chefs as well as development of hourly team members
- Works closely in conjunction with operations team and senior management.
- New Restaurant opening support and opening/activation partnership with program stakeholders.
- Support NRO launch through BOH training and Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to enhance profitability, sustainability and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to speak and present effectively in a group setting to Associates, Managers and Clients
- Expert knowledge of food, with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Proven coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams
- Cost and margin knowledge and manipulation
- Ability to work well under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
- Strength in computer and technical skills, working knowledge of Microsoft
- Effective time management skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to solve problems and work independently, effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with all levels, from senior management to hourly team members
- Proven track record with food quality improvement initiatives as well as purchasing and inventory control compliance
- A demonstrated ability to assess and grow people and operations
- Effective inter-departmental collaboration and communication
- Develop Culinary Staff Members
- Displays consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact
- Hands-on manager with strong leadership, management and coaching skills.