Go places with us! At NJF, we are global connectors, storytellers and curators of travel experiences - inspiring people to view the world differently and then see it for themselves. We are the award-winning public relations, social media and experiential marketing practice of largest travel marketing company in the world, MMGY Global, and are looking for talented candidates to serve a growing roster of domestic and international destination, hotel & resort, cruise line, train, tour operator, attraction and restaurant clients. We've made it our job, passion and mission to inspire people to go places.
We are hiring an Account Supervisor to join our growing public relations team in New York. If you are outgoing, energetic, innovative, and resourceful then this job is for you.
We don't believe in micro managing, just a results-oriented focus on the "big picture." We offer room for growth, the chance to make a real impact with your valued contributions, and half-day Fridays throughout the year (plus Waffle Wednesdays, Spin the Globe lunches, Road Warriors travel perks and Flight School training program - and more).
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead strategy, development and implementation of client PR programs
- Develop and maintain client relationships; provide regular strategic counsel
- Supervise account teams and lead day-to-day account activities
- Monitor program timetable and client budgets for maximum efficiency
- Oversee agency output to ensure quality control and client ROI
- Provide creative input and direction to account group, including the development of innovative story angles, promotions, partnerships and activations, press materials, other client content and knowledge of how to leverage social media in PR programs
- Identify and develop opportunities for cross agency media pitches and ways to elevate work
- Create and/or seize opportunities for selling projects to PR clients, organically growing relationships
- Participate in new business proposal process, including leading development of content for specific sections of proposals; participate in presentations
- Identify opportunities and present solutions to optimize agency practices
- Demonstrate advanced writing and editing skills
- Establish and maintain high level media contacts; oversee strategic media pitching
- Understand clients' business competition, challenges and opportunities
- Stay abreast of latest travel, consumer and social media trends and leverage to advantage
- Supervise/mentor junior/mid-level team members
- BA/BS college degree in communications or journalism and 5+ years PR/related experience with direct travel and lifestyle client background preferred
- High level travel/hospitality/lifestyle print, digital and broadcast media contacts
- Strong mentor
- Sharp pitching skills
- Proficient writer and editor
- Superior people skills
- Problem solver
- Savvy client counsel
- Creative thinker
- Good sense of humor and a love for travel a must!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. NJF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.