Position Details Under the direction of Retail Manager, lead and coach the location's team to create a strong selling culture in accordance with Guest Path standards while also maintaining tight operational execution.
- Responsible for selling upscale merchandise in addition to coaching associates on selling behaviors
- Must create sense of urgency in maintaining all sizes of apparel on sales floor
- Greets and acknowledges guests
- Answers guests' questions and assists them whenever possible
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
- Manages store specific associate dress code and discount policy
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise
- Maintains tight operational controls by managing damages, ticket requests, items not on file, technology, and others
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
- Re-Merchandise sales floor when sell through occurs
- Maintains records related to sales
- Drive daily sales goals while creating a store culture that is driven to do the same
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves while coaching associates to do the same
- Maintains a clean and organized store
- Operates at a high level of merchandising standards through crisp presentations, outfit building, and brand separation
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned in other store locations
- Inventory management and general housekeeping will be required
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise
- Assists in operations of other airport locations
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of one-year experience working around high-end brands
- Minimum of two-years in leadership role focused in specialty retail
- Previous experience in cash handling required
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to drive sales goals through teamwork and leadership
- Working knowledge of elevated apparel merchandising
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as a team leader
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items
- Capable of following job guidelines and managements instructions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Who We Are At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.