Our Exciting Work Environment Since 1996, Delaware North Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors every season, to the legions of guests that experience the concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known for.
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest - from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in our All-Inclusive Clubs. So whether it's a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.
The Opportunity Job Title: Premium Supervisor
Job Code(s): 3360
Job Family: Food & Beverage
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Smoky Mountain Sportservice
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager/Clubs Manager
Shift/Hours Required: All major events
Age Requirement (if applic.): 21 years and older
Assists management with the efficient operation of clubs and casual dining bar & grill in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Verifies proper set-up, service, and cleaning of assigned area throughout shift/event
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with employees, guests, client and the operation, with the assistance of management.
- Supervises the activities of all associates assigned to floor; ensures that breaks occur in a timely manner
- Enforces and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Ensures food quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of food and beverage orders
- Assists associates with service; demonstrates effective service according to our GuestPath standards
- Visits with guests to ensure satisfaction; promptly communicates any opportunities to management
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
- Verifies all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift/event
- Trains new and existing associates, under the direction of management
- Handles disciplinary matters and ensures quality employee performance
- Ensures all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the club; follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures; performs inventory counts as requested
- Performs opening and closing procedure
- Assists with catered events as directed.
- Assists in the ordering of bar product, rentals for events, and other products needed for the operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Food & Beverage or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 year's work experience in front-of-house restaurant or foodservice position, in a high volume environment, required
- Knowledge of catering practices preferred
- One year supervisory experience in restaurant or service environment preferred
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing required
- Previous experience using computerized POS system required; previous experience with Micros POS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Knowledgeable in the operation of a high volume sit-down restaurant with high service standards.
- Possess basic knowledge of bar operations and standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks, account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent alternating between indoor, climate-controlled environment of restaurant and temperature fluctuations of warehouse and kitchen.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
*All positions require you to successfully complete a pre-employment and annual background check.
Who We Are At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.