The Starbucks Barista is responsible for providing guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient and graceful service that meets or exceeds guest expectations as well as the AAA Four Diamond and Starbucks standards. The position is responsible for fulfilling orders and completing sales transactions within the Starbucks Café inside of the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando. Supervisory Responsibilities: Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's):
- Guest Service - 70%
- Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Promptly and warmly greeting guests upon arrival.
- Provide guests with courteous, friendly and efficient service.
- Answer phones using appropriate verbiage.
- Takes food and beverage orders.
- Prepares all drink orders to Starbucks standards.
- Prepares and serves food items.
- Relays order to kitchen through POS.
- Totals bill and accepts payment.
- Execute all financial transactions according to departmental and company policy
- Sidework - 30%
- Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
- Inventory and restock supplies as needed.
- Maintain the daily operations of the cafe through the execution of daily sidework.
- Keeps cafe clean and organized at all times.
- Attend all required trainings and department meetings
Kessler Grand Performer Attributes G.U.E.S.T. Service
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
- Basic math skills; ability to make change.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. Teamwork
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Diversity
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce. Ethics -
Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. Quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Quantity
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly. Attendance/Punctuality
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Experience / Education / Certifications:
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- High School diploma - required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - recommended
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing during majority of shift- 100%
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel. 100%
- Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds20%
- Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking)10%
- Working in café/kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required) 15%Direct contact with guests, managers and employees. 100%
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.25%