Point Hospitality Group is seeking experienced candidates for a Chef position at the Tilden Hotel. The Tilden is a 118-room boutique hotel with a cafe and restaurant. It is an engaging community gathering place where guests experience thoughtful spaces designed with genuine hospitality. Tilden is committed to not only engaging with the community, but also in helping shine a light on the emerging artists that live here featuring local artwork in the lobby.
Mission of the Role:
Ensures the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with chef and standards laid out in kitchen handbook. Coordinates the purchase of food with chef, bar and restaurant managers.
Point Hospitality's Mission is to positively impact each individual, property and our community by following our Guiding Principles:
ACCEPTANCE- Embrace diversity without judgment
INTEGRITY- Owning our own personal actions and behaviors with integrity
RESPECT- Respect yourself, others, property, community and environment
FUN- The ability to find humor in all situations
RESULTS- Deliver great results through positive experiences
Essential Job Functions:
- Order the weekly supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with General Manager and vendors.
- Ensure that all opening, closing and side work duties are completed to standard before signing out.
- Prepare menu items following recipes and yield guidelines, according to department standards.
- Work on line during service and assist wherever needed.
- Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
- Ensure that F&B Service Staff are informed of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the line, floor, and all kitchen stations.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Observe correct and safe usage and care of all machinery in the kitchen operation.
- Document any maintenance needs and submit to Supervisor.
- Contact Engineering directly for any major repairs.
- Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
- Provide feedback to management.
- Assist the F&B Manager, Executive Chef, and/or Supervisor with monthly inventory, staff training, and other departmental duties as needed.
- Document pertinent information in the logbook.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Attend meetings, menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
- Various duties and projects as directed by hotel management.
- Able to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Able to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
- Able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to prioritize work assignments.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production schedules.
- Able to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Able to differentiate dates.
- Able to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Able to expand and condense recipes.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- One year experience in a similar position at a three star hotel or restaurant.
- Able to work all stations in kitchen.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the Able to work well with others and the public and timelines.
- Culinary college degree or training.
- Able to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Culinary talent
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A "Fair Chance" job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at )
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
The Tilden Hotel is a boutique San Francisco hotel nestled near Union Square.
The Tilden's unassuming presence is defined by clean, organic and streamlined aesthetic choices. Our stylish hotel offers open, airy spaces marked by subdued colors and raw materials. With a residential-spirited lobby, lively bar and restaurant, and curbside coffee shop, The Tilden is a breath of refreshing modernity. In addition to sleek, comfortable San Francisco accommodations, our hotel offers an invigorating solution to urban living, with unfussy spaces and unexpected surprises - just look at our local artwork.
The Tilden embraces authenticity and personality. More than a hotel, we're an engaging community gathering place where guests experience thoughtful spaces designed with genuine hospitality.