Looking for awesome and efficient Servers to spread good vibes on the Palm House team!
Palm House is the staycation destination of San Francisco serving tropical food and vacation drinks. Housed in the original 1854 dairy farmhouse where Cow Hollow derives its name and situated behind the second oldest palm tree in San Francisco, Palm House evokes a bygone era of tropical leisure. Palm House invites you to experience its bold flavors, tropical eats, quixotic drinks and humble service in the spirit of the old adage, "It's happy hour somewhere?.
Our menus tap the spice trail, heat and vibe of the tropics while maintaining a California point of view. Anywhere there?s a palm tree is fair sights for our culinary adventures. Our beverage program is a playful exploration of vacation inspired cocktails designed to transport you to the beach.
We are looking for someone that is motivated, hospitable and fun to work with. You should be comfortable in a high-volume environment for our bustling lunch, dinner and bar scene. Someone who spreads good vibes is a must! :)
Server Job Overview: Take food and beverage orders, record orders in the POS system in a timely manner. Deliver food and beverage orders to restaurant and bar areas. Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the restaurant and bar areas. Wait on tables promptly and courteously in adherence to standards of service. Provide guest service in accordance to company policy and standard. Assist in the control of beverage and operating supply costs. Deliver prompt, courteous service according to service and operating standards.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Two years experience in four- or five-star establishments with proven knowledge of fine wines, beer, and liquor.
- Punctuality; regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to maintain concentration and a well organized work environment as well as the ability to think clearly.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to thoroughly describe and sell all menu items.
- Ability to comfortably learn and communicate daily menu specials
- Understanding of menu ingredients and cooking techniques
- High School graduate
- Food handling certification/Serv-Safe certificate.
- Alcohol awareness certification (TIPS Training)
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system, preferably Micros
- Extensive experience in a fine dining environment
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical actions throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously throughout the shift to perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to grasp, load, and carry trays.
- Ability to endure repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, and boxes.