Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Chef Tournant is a fully proficient cook with a strong work ethic and general leadership qualities, who is career oriented, creative, active, and able to work unsupervised. This person is either a graduate of a two-year culinary program, or has at least three years experience in quality establishments. Requires minimal supervision; Should have the ability to be responsible for a single department of an operation. Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices. Must have strong knife skills, and the ability to work multiple stations. Possesses strong fabrication skills and understands the importance of setting up a prep list for next service period. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Will Lead the Kitchen Staff
* Will work off prep list and complete station set up in time allotted
* Fabricate items to standard during service and completes prep list for next service period
* Will have ability to manage the outlet, supervise all restaurant stations and operate to standards
* Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills
* Understands, practices, and enforces HACCP principles
* Owns proper culinary tools
* Other duties as assigned
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required
* At least 3 years of previous experience in a fast paced restaurant - required
* Must be able to stand and work in a hot kitchen environment for 8+ hours - required
* Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required
* High school diploma or equivalent - required
* Team oriented attitude is a must
* Must be fluent in English - required
* Previous supervisory experience - preferred
* Culinary Degree - preferred
* Fine Dining experience - preferred
If you're hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you'll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you're interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you'll instantly feel at home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 187627