Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
You are the copilot, concierge and safety engineer of a multi-million dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier terrain. Make our guests feel welcomed by joining our team as a Lift Operator!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor the operation of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions
* Maintain a safe work area, i.e., ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
* Adhere to all ski/ride policies, i.e., Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
* Pleasantly greet, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest's needs and or questions, in person, outside of the lift building
* Actively and efficiently perform maze control
* Abides by operating procedures, i.e., opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc.
* Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
* Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly
* Help to preserve our natural environment
* Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
* Remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit
* Must be able to stand outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
* May lift up to 50 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting.
* Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
* Must be able to maintain control and rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guests and/or employees.
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
We are the wild ones. Free, untamed, unstructured and unlike the others. We are confident in who we are and what we seek. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and live boldly with our choices. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 184127