Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
We are currently looking for cooks who will provide first class service to our guests in an upbeat, fast-paced restaurant environment. Our formal training and staging program provides the opportunity for professional advancement from various career stages. We will train folks with the right attitude and a passion for being here, with us, at our amazing resort.
* Understands the proper terms for kitchen equipment/pans and small wares used in the kitchen
* Understands and operates basic cooking equipment such as fryers, pizza oven and kettles
* All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per week
* Heat or Reheat items for service in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided
* Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, utensils, sneeze guards and guest facing areas of their station in accordance with health and safety standards
* Proactively greet guests and take food orders
* Continually demonstrate a high level of guest service excellence
* Prepare food items in accordance with the station guide recipes including portion control and presentation
* Gathers and portion items ensuring that they are of high quality and serves to guests
* Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas including but not limited to temperature checks, wearing gloves and proper utilization of sanitation buckets
* Responsible for breaking down workstation, cooling food where necessary in accordance with cooling guidelines and storing in accordance with proper storage and labelling guidelines
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated
* Typically requires supervision from a more senior culinary team member
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Ability to speak, read and communicate English.
* Ability to maintain a positive work ethic.
* Ability to work as a productive part of a team.
* Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand for up to 6-8 hours at a time.
* Demonstrates excellent guest service skills.
* Able to work weekends and holidays.
* Has or is able to obtain a Food Handlers Card within 30 days of employment.
* Previous cooking experience- preferred but not required.
* Knowledge of sanitation-preferred
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
We are the wild ones. Free, untamed, unstructured and unlike the others. We are confident in who we are and what we seek. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and live boldly with our choices. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 184227