Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Advanced Level Cook functions as the highest tiered cook under the Sous Chef and Restaurant Chef. The Advanced Cook is responsible for performing a full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, the Advanced Cook will have knowledge of seafood and animal butchering, basic sauce knowledge, and the ability to run any station in the kitchen, i.e. saute, grill, pantry, expo, wheel, etc. The Advanced Cook will help the Sous Chef and Restaurant Chef with menu item design and implementation as well as assisting with ordering and inventories. The Advanced Cook will oversee food preparation and plating standards while training and guiding more junior staff in a positive manner. The Advanced Cook will be the role model of execution of not only menu items, but restaurant opening and closing, uniform guidelines, health and safety policies and general leadership attitude. The Advanced Cook may be asked to work in other restaurants and to help execute large functions and banquets when necessary. The Advanced Cook will be working towards the next level of advancement, Sous Chef.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares food for guests and employees by following established cooking procedures and recipes.
* Follows all Health Department required food handling procedures, has a current Serv-Safe certification. Keeps a clean, well maintained, sanitary work environment at all times.
* Follow all safety guidelines established by Vail Resorts and our Chefs at all times. Be aware and report any potential safety issues immediately to supervisor. Use a cut glove whenever prepping any item with a knife.
* Keeps equipment operational and sanitary by following manufacturers' instructions and established procedures.
* Maintain line operations by notifying prep cooks of product shortages and replenishing food at work stations in a proactive manner.
* Provides information to customers by answering food preparation questions, resolving special requests and embracing food allergen needs of our guests.
* Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
* Meet service level standards for check time and plating and any department goals as set forth by restaurant supervisors.
* Assist in filling out daily prep lists, ordering, and inventories.
* Receive new product in a timely manner, ensuring FIFO standards are maintained and that product is of acceptable quality, properly labeled, dated and stored.
* Adhere to all grooming and uniform guidelines at all times.
* Be punctual and adhere to all break standards, communicating with the Chef or Sous Chef if there are issues or concerns. May be asked to help provide breaks to cooks.
* May be asked to work any position at any time including dishwashing.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* Two to three years of high volume kitchen experience minimum necessary.
* Flexible working hours, including holidays and weekends.
We are the wild ones. Free, untamed, unstructured and unlike the others. We are confident in who we are and what we seek. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and live boldly with our choices. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 178867