Guest Accounts Purser (Cruise Ship) - $ Competitive salary per month on board
• Establishes and maintains guest accounts in accordance with the brand standards of service and style.
• Balances the daily and end of voyage revenue activity from the different revenue-generating areas onboard.
• Prepares credit card transmission and handles any disputes or declines that may occur.
• Serves as an assistant to the Financial Controller, training and completing tasks as appointed by the Financial Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each employee shall conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees, in the presence of guests or in crewmember areas.
- Processes several credit card transmissions during the voyage, upon gathering all the information from the property management system, to ensure guest account balances are properly authorized on a daily basis.
- Monitors declined and call credit cards, and assists guests in setting up different means of payment, as well as modifying sea pass accounts accordingly.
- Assists Guest Relations Officers with guest's inquiries and disputes, and provides relevant back up for applied charges.
- Responsible for processing onboard credits related to Air/Tax fees and fuel surcharge fees.
- Balance all the revenue activity coming from the different systems onboard on a daily and end-of-voyage basis.
- Produces and distributes Onboard Revenue Report on a daily basis for Financial Controller and shipboard management in order to monitor all revenues through out the voyage, as well as final report for shore side management.
- Once ALL guests have disembarked, provides voyage revenue reports for all onboard departments. All the "End of Voyage" reports must be forwarded to the Financial Controller for proper reconciliation with the Business Partners onboard and preparation of the Pursers Journal.
- Provides assistance to the Financial Controller and Admin Payroll Purser as needed.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship's standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
• This position is responsible for direct cost containment through the accurate preparation of credit and debit transactions for guests and crew.
• Responsible for the accurate preparation and transmission of a number of revenue reports, amenities, onboard credits and gratuities.
• Responsible for the correct charging and distribution of gratuities to the tipping personnel.
• Minimum of two years experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship.
• Superior customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills.
• Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
• Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate computer software skills required.
• Possess a strong understanding of numbering flow "Debits/Credits", adjusting entries and corrections, as well as basic accounting knowledge.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
• Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.