The Application Support Analyst III serves as primary point of contact for the more complex and critical IT applications and primary liaison between internal IT, Ryman users and application vendors. Acts as the lead expert to provide internal support and maintain standards of designated applications.
- Responsible for performing setups and maintain designated system functionality to provide a stable operating environment for the end user community. Works with other IT team members to solve complex problems.
- Maintains System Support Structure documentation for designated IT applications. Serves as the top-tier application support escalation point to the business stakeholders in accordance with the System Support Structure.
- Troubleshoots user helpdesk issues in a timely manner and communicate status to requestors.
- Consults with other members of IT to identify the impact of changes in the IT landscape and mitigate systems risks. Tests and approves changes as they relate to designated applications, coordinates appropriate user acceptance testing, timing of changes and ensures proper communication has been released prior to all changes.
- Actively participates and serves as a primary system subject matter expert on project teams.
- Performs end-user training as needed for designated applications. Aides in the development of training materials.
- Maintains application compliance for PCI and SOX audit purposes. This includes relevant documentation, testing and validation of regulations and reviews findings with IT Security department and Risk and Assurance as well as identified external audit organizations. Responsible for any corrective actions taken.
- Assists in determining future hardware and software requirements for the brand, as well as obtain relevant pricing from vendor products and services.
- Prepares RCA documentation as needed for designated applications and ensures all action items and implementation steps are completed timely.
- Project manages small projects as required. Maintains project documentation to ensure visibility and delivery of solutions on time, within scope and budget.
- Researches the industry and maintains awareness of hospitality and technology industry trends and issues, along with new functionality of designated applications. Uses knowledge to suggest to business partners and IT management strategies and improvements to support RHP's differentiation and competitive advantage. Suggests methods of improving business practices and/or guest service.
- Manages all aspects of vendor contracts including, but not limited to contract execution, PO's, invoices, monthly accruals, forecasting and budgeting. Manages vendor contracts and ensures costs and SLA's are appropriately accounted for. Maintains support and maintenance forecasts process for designated applications.
- Mentors and trains less experienced analysts in supporting the designated applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
B.S degree in Information Systems, computer science or related experience.
Minimum 6-10 years of experience in business applications support or administration
Minimum 5 years ERP related support (Oracle, NetSuite preferred)
Minimum 2 years of hospitality industry experience (POS, NCR Aloha, OpenTable, labor management applications, payment gateways preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Working knowledge in how to do API integrations, database integrations and able to build BI reporting preferred
Must possess strong analytical and investigative skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to write technical reports understandable to non-IT staff
This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.