Our Exciting Work Environment
The Coca-Cola Roxy Theater in Atlanta is part of the mixed usage operations surrounding SunTrust Park, the home of the Atlanta Braves. The Roxy Theater will seat approximately 3,600 guests and will feature 40 music and comedy acts. This space will also host private and special events, primarily on non-baseball days.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for overall management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs. The successful candidate will coordinate and control total function of the kitchen pertaining to food production and quality assurance.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications. Ensures all outlets are adequately supplied and performs periodic inventory.
- Maintain positive customer/client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices, while providing efficient services and quality products.
- Communicates effectively with all other restaurant managers, supervisors and staff to ensure a high level of collaboration, efficiency and team spirit.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department regulations.
- Hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens. Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assures staff compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Managing associates utilizing Sous Chefs and Lead Cooks through planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development.
- Administers Corrective Counseling process, training and development, appraisals, payroll accountability. Acts as role model.
- Plan menus, catering packages, and daily specials maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials and prepare reports. Prepare annual budgeting and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Requisitioning and purchasing within corporate specifications. Maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years Culinary Arts experience. Previous experience in a management role in high volume, multi-unit restaurant or large-scale catering operations environment; experience supervising personnel.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue's concept.
- Extensive knowledge & skills monitoring food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Expertise with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Skilled with various computer programs.
- Familiar with health and sanitation guidelines.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- ServSafe Certification
- ACF Certification levels CSC, CCC or CEC preferred or must obtain ACF certification within the first 2 years of employment.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.