Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella is seeking a CATERING SALES MANAGER join our team! We are looking for someone who is passionate about food and has a creative eye for platter designing and food display production. This position is part of a high-volume food prep production team. Some holidays, weekends and overtime work will be required.
- 5 -7 year's work experience in a Catering leadership/management role
- Knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the retail/hospitality industry
- Able to deliver results, meet deadlines, and targets
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), POS system, and order management tools.
- Sense of urgency as well as maintain professional composure under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build productive working relationships with managers of all levels across the organization
- Organized and efficient use of time management/detailed oriented
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Create strategic plan for the catering department to support our current catering and build our future clientele and future sales.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all catering events from start to finish and ensure the highest quality of product and service throughout.
- Negotiate prices and arrangements with clients, draws up contracts, and secures client's signature and deposit.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements
- Manage the customer decision and relationship process
- Search, approach, and acquire new corporate accounts
- Plan food and beverage menus with support of our Chef's considering clients' preferences and special requests.
- Create and manage client database and pipeline.
- Capable to gather client requirements (number of clients, event dates, menu)
- Coordinate with operations managers to organize necessary banquet, kitchen, and service staff and arrangements for each event.
- Maintain an excellent track record of maintaining budgetary allotments and exceeding guests' expectations in satisfaction.
- Document and reviews all records for each catering event and analyze what can be done to improve booking sales.
- Facilitate repeat and new business for catering functions and exceed the sales expectations of the Catering Department
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of food, wine, and spirits while marking our brand.
- Lead the team to provide consistent execution and exemplary service to our clients for every experience.
- Handle complaints, concerns, and service issues with confidence and dignity; focuses on finding solutions and resolving issues quickly to ensure the Citarella experience for our clientele.
- Support and collaborate with the marketing team on the execution of upcoming initiatives, marketing promotions and events, and special Citarella events.
- Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are strong understanding and expertise in the sales process.
- Schedules team appropriately to meet the needs of our business.
- Train and manage delivery team, and sales team.
- Oversee client service.
- Manage inventory and place orders as needed.
- Arrange demos/food tastings with potential clients.
- Support future automation for catering processes
- Create and manage financial budgets and sales forecasts for the catering and event planning department.
In return, we offer!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)