Give us a call to learn more about Driving Opportunities with Anixter!
Driver Class B CDL
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
- 401k with 50% company match up to 5%
- Vacation time and Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program for referring great employees
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced driver to join our delivery team at our Norcross, GA facility. We are looking for a fast paced, motivated, self-starter who has a knack for attention to detail and making customers happy.
In this role, you will be making deliveries of industrial electrical and data components using a Class B vehicle to our customers. You'll also spend time working in our warehouse helping to process orders for our customers.
In the delivery role, deliveries may be to other warehouses, construction sites, lay down yards, and other types of customer sites. You ll be in a position where you will be interacting with our customers, so we expect you to have great customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly. Additionally, you can expect to be home at night and work minimal weekends. Our customers are open on weekends and sometimes depend on us on Saturday or Sunday. We'll know in advance, so you'll know in advance too.
In the warehouse role, you'll be picking, packing, building pallets, cutting wire and overall processing orders for our customers.
Safety is very important to us, so you ll also be expected to adhere to all company and regulatory safety guidelines and procedures.
The descriptions above are a partial description of what to expect in these roles. You can expect to learn every function in the warehouse and in delivery of products.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for traffic and/or construction
- Ensure that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they are not present.
- Load truck with merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Pull orders to match manifest.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to resolve customer issues.
NOTE: Will fill in as a warehouse associate as-needed:
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
- Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
We are looking for candidates with:
- At least 2 years of delivery driver experience.
- Valid Class B CDL license.
- Proper licensing relative to equipment.
- HazMat certification may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, reach, push, pull, squat and walk throughout an entire shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift (8 hours per day).
- When driving, ability to sit in and drive commercial vehicle for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to climb in and out of commercial vehicle and alternate sitting, standing and walking.
- Complete DOT physical and pass drug screen.
- Pass MVR review and complete company administered road test.
- Pass background check.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability communicate professionally with customers.
- Previous LTL experience is preferred.
- Previous forklift experience preferred.
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career
Qualified candidates, please click apply below.
If you have questions, please don t hesitate to give us a call at