QUALITY ASSURANCE DIRECTOR
Based out of Denver, Colorado, Polidori Sausage is seeking a Quality Assurance Director.
If you are looking to be a part of our rewarding work environment and atmosphere of excellence; we are looking for a Quality Assurance Director located at our 15,000 square foot facility in Denver, Colorado. The Food Quality Assurance Director is primarily responsible for ensuring that food products meet standards set by both Polidori Sausage and regulatory authorities. You will be directly responsible for the leadership of all food safety and quality assurance activity in a food processing facility. This role includes maintaining GMP, HACCP, SQF, GFSI programs including documentation, all recalls, manufacturing and process control, as well as audits. This role partners with Production and provides guidance for elevated food safety standards by implementing and enforcing food safety and security procedures for our facility.
In 1914, Anna Cerrone, migrated from Sicily, touching ground in her new nation at Ellis Island and then moving west to Magna, Utah. In 1918, she married a coal miner named Rocco Polidori. Rocco's health started to decline so, the couple moved to Denver, Colorado in search of cleaner air and economic prosperity. Fulfilling their version of the American dream, Anna and Rocco opened their own small grocery store in 1925. Anna worked at the meat counter as the butcher while Rocco tended the front of the store. Anna not only sliced and prepared cuts of meat for the customers, but she also cooked up heirloom sausage recipes inherited from her Sicilian family. The smell of fresh spices permeated the store, and shoppers were clamoring to know how they could get their hands on the delicious sausage.
In 1945, Anna's sons Louis and Augie Polidori took over the business. For the next 37 years the two brothers would grow the sausage business into a successful industry. After the passing of Anna in 1982, the grocery store sold and Louis Polidori moved the meat processing plant to a tiny USDA facility.
Today, Polidori Sausage is operated by 4th generation brother and sister Steve and Melodie. Together they continues to upgrade equipment and operating procedures in an effort to continue producing the highest quality sausage products. In 2016, Steve and Melodie moved the business to a new state of the art USDA plant that was awarded a Green Certification. Polidori takes extreme pride in operating in full compliance with the SSOP/HACCP programs as outlined by the USDA.
Polidori was recognized as a Colorado Business to watch in 2016 and also holds the accolade of Best Italian Sausage. Polidori is the Official Bratwurst & Sausage of the Colorado Rockies, CSU Rams and the CU Buffaloes.
Polidori makes over 60 types of sausages, all with less fat by using only the finest cuts of pork and all natural spices with no MSG or preservatives just like Anna did back in 1925. In addition to Italian sausage, Polidori offers a full product line that includes chorizo, breakfast sausage, pizza toppings, bratwurst, and heirloom meatballs. These products are distributed to thousands of restaurants and grocery stores nationwide including Kroger, King Soopers, Safeway and City Markets. We appreciate the loyal support of our customers. We are proud to carry on our great grandmother's family recipes and take great pride in operating a family run company. Anna would be proud to see her family traditions live on in Polidori Sausage.
· Be committed to Quality, Service, Teamwork and Ethics - the DNA of a Polidori employee.
· Provide quality training and auditing of production technicians.
· Maintains a positive working relationship with other team members.
· Actively participates in team meetings and work groups.
· Work with outside vendor to execute a calibration schedule.
· Develop, maintain, execute, report on and improve incoming materials inspection.
· Develop, maintain, execute, report on and improve record keeping system.
· Develop action plans and lead teams to address nonconformance and quality challenges.
· Drive "quality culture" throughout organization and across functions.
· Responsible for maintaining HACCP plan; including meetings, changes, review or issues.
· Ensuring HACCP plan is followed and documentation is recorded for verification.
· Communicates with all plant management, concerning all pertinent food safety and quality issues.
· Responsible for maintaining a foreign material log to include all foreign materials, specific location where the item was located, date and time; in addition to specific metal detector information and particles.
· Responsible for the communication and implementation of Good Manufacturing Policies and Guidelines. To include documentation of yearly employee GMP, HACCP training and bi-annual mock recalls with timely tracking results.
· Responsible for the communication and implementation of all Quality Policies.
· Ensure the recordkeeping and retention of ingredient statements, MSDS, HACCP, Letters of Guarantee and allergen documents, and foreign materials.
· Ensure facility compliance of all Quality Policies by monitoring and spot-checking - logs, records, etc.
· Responsible for tracking all product complaints, follow up with customers and reporting all findings.
· Works with the team to send to plant management the update of all new and current formula's for process of the nutritional panels.
· Responsible for ensuring entry of formula changes into production computer system correctly.
· Functions as team leader when the plant conducts mock recalls and assesses management preparedness for a product recall.
· Works together with Plant Manager to review specifications (ingredients, packaging, processing, and finished products) for accuracy and resolves issues to assure capability to meet processing requirements.
· Works together with Management to ensure co -packers are meeting Polidori Standards.
· Responsible for getting scales calibrated bi-annually and Metal detectors yearly.
· Validates all cleaning procedures and keeps track of pre-op data.
· Responsible for training new technicians.
· Issues COA's to customers.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Offering You In Return
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Polidori Sausage would not be where it is today without our incredible team of employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Polidori is our ultimate goal. Through competitive compensation, healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision), vacation, holiday, matching 401(k), and our annual Profit Sharing plan - Polidori Sausage hires to retire. A career with Polidori Sausage means you will be part of a family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today. Learn more about Polidori Sausage at .