Ensures the efficiency of food services through proper cleaning and sanitation of kitchen, dining areas, trash disposal areas, equipment, cookware, dishes, etc. Performs stock tasks as directed. Assists with meal service tasks as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Organizes, cleans and sanitizes the kitchen, dining areas, trash disposal areas, loading dock, elevators, dining storage areas, equipment, cookware, dishes, etc.
- Follows and completes written and verbal cleaning instructions/procedures and other assignments.
- Assists stock/utility staff person with inventory, receiving, verification, stocking and tracking.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors, other facility staff and listens effectively.
- Assists with meal service tasks as directed
o perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal effectively with several projects, an eye for detail, and a friendly manner in dealing with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to follow instructions, follow through with assignments, follow cleaning and other schedules and other written information (e.g. production sheets).
- Conscientious, diligent, hard-working and flexible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a kitchen/food serving environment preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.