The Excelsior Group, a growing Property Management/Investment company, is looking for a full-time Leasing Consultant to join our team.
Provide friendly sales and customer service. Support to the Property Manager by working with current residents and fielding inquiries from prospective residents, and matching prospects with apartments that fit their needs.
Schedule: Full-time, weekends are required.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Meets and greets prospective residents.
- Shows and leases market ready units to potential residents.
- May walk vacant units to ensure market readiness and inform maintenance department of any market ready deficiencies.
- Completes traffic sheets and maintains guest card files for the manager. Updates the leasing handbook. Prepares correspondence such as thank you notes and other general correspondence as assigned by the manager.
- Processes rental applications for the property manager’s approval. Assists with reviewing applicant qualification and resident approval.
- Initiates resident screening. Collects deposits, ensures that lease files are complete and that the correct entries are posted in the accounting system.
- Execute new lease and lease renewal process according to property standards and processes.
- Conducts themselves and property business according to State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Provides day-to-day property performance feedback to property manger
- Establish and maintain positive resident relations, e.g. effective communications, manage resident concerns, problem solving, etc.
- Accepts and assists residents in rent payment process.
- Accepts and assists residents in submitting their service requests.
- Assist in executing the developed marketing and brand plan, including consistency and comprehensive approach through materials.
- Utilize fully and manage resident as well as prospect database through YARDI (property management software) computer program.
- Administers the Resident Referral and Resident Retention programs.
- Assists in resolving resident complaints and answers resident questions.
- Performs market research and generates market comparison reports.
- Assists with property marketing activities.
- Assists with monitoring curb appeal, office and model appearance and signage.
- Assists with maintenance of the appearance of the office, amenity area, models and common areas of the property.
Job Qualification Standards
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 1+ year’s leasing consultant experience preferred.
- 1+ year’s customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with initiative.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Able to effectively use MS Office applications (Word and Excel), e-mail, and internet.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance procedures.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work projects.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, owners, staff, other managers, vendors, and the general public.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Posses a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and access to a vehicle.
Our Vision: To be the most admired real estate firm in the markets where we do business.
Our Mission: To provide innovative real estate solutions that create measurable value for our stakeholders.
Our Core Values: Excellence, Integrity, Initiative, Humility, Positivity, and Passion.
Voted one of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's 2018 Best Places to Work.
We offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and performance incentive plan.
The Excelsior Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.