As a General Manager, you will guide, direct and lead the team to achieve objectives in sales, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, employee retention, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedure
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all hospitality and/or culinary standards related to their position.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Minimum of 10 years full-service restaurant management experience with at least 5 years at AGM, GM or multi-unit.
- Must have experience with the following:
- Kitchen (BOH) management experience within "made from scratch" kitchen
- Service (FOH) management experience
- High-volume, corporate restaurant AGM or GM experience ideally within a polished dining concept
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Proficient math skills, basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up 25 lbs. without assistance and 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Work in a hot and noisy environment
- Varying schedule including nights/weekends/holidays
- Depending on store location, having or obtaining a food handler's and/or alcohol certification may be required.