This position is responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing clients/corporate accounts. Uses sales skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales: Responsible for meeting catering revenue, group rooms revenue and meeting room rental goals through food, beverage, room rental and audio visual sales by proactive sales calls, maximizing space potential and food and beverage minimums. Detailing events and consistently pursuing up-selling opportunities to maximize revenue potential. Achieves business revenue goals by developing, building and maintaining excellent client relationships through community involvement, local visitors' bureau, wedding organizations, charity events and cultivating client database. Uses expertise to assist in the advisement of implementing changes to Hotel operations based on sales and guest comments. Develop and deliver account strategy relating to overall hotel performance.
- Revenue Optimization: Responsible for effectively managing revenue by utilizing market industry data and knowledge to secure appropriate business to maximize hotel profitability. Works on pricing and mix of business. Has understanding of market fluctuations and trends.
- Technical Acumen: Responsible for utilizing sales tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensures integrity of sales data by documenting information in Delphi or CI/TY on a daily basis. Utilizes sales tools, reader boards and other market intelligence to drive business.
- Cost Control: Responsible for management of rooms and catering expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Follows CSM procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Accountable for client satisfaction by ensuring Hotel service standards are met and clients' needs are responded to in a timely manner. Ensures effective communication of client needs from sales to appropriate operational departments. Resolves client complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
- Training: Utilizes available resources and adheres to CSM training policies. Ensures all CSM, brand, and department specific training requirements are met. Implements training philosophies and processes.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of Hotel operations to maintain standards per CSM, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all CSM procedures for guest/employee incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and proactive planning occurs. Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Membership in catering and event organizations such as NACE and/or MPI is desired. Delphi experience desired.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3+ years of catering and special events experience required. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and clients. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must have a valid driver's license.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
CSM Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who provides employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other area prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.