We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken, and experienced Catering Sales Manager for San Diego Marriott Mission Valley!
Position: Catering Sales Manager
Property: San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
· Follow up on leads referred by sales managers.
· Book social catering functions.
· Develop a target sales and marketing plan with focus on social catering functions.
· Assist with the development of banquet menus.
· Participate in 30-60-90 day banquet forecasting.
· Coordinate in-house sales promotions and associate functions.
· Greet client upon arrival.
· Facilitate and communicate details related to catering functions to management.
· Maintain professionalism in problem situations.
· Maintain detailed records of discussions with guest, including all meeting setups, food and beverage, etc.
· Upsell to improve revenue generation on property.
· Be readily available during functions for consultation with client.
· Flexible schedule required to accommodate client needs.
· Preside at conference planning meetings where details related to group coordination will be discussed and reviewed by management.
· Participate in site reviews.
· Conduct exit interviews with clients to solidify repeat business and distribute results.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
· Respond and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
· Ability to accurately use various office and accounting software.
· 1-2 years of experience as a Catering Sales Manager
· Previous Marriott experience preferred