Based at our Englewood Home Office, the Associate Manager of Email Marketing & Automation is responsible for the implementation and management of the Red Robin marketing automation platform including our highly-utilized owned channels of communication. The Associate Manager of Email Marketing & Automation will contribute to bottom line profit through the efficient and effective execution of comprehensive email and SMS marketing and guest engagement strategies.
The Associate Manager of Email Marketing & Automation brings specialized knowledge and experience to drive the design and activation of Red Robin's email and SMS communications to achieve increased awareness, traffic and engagement while ensuring a look and feel consistent with brand standards. This includes implementing the Red Robin brand consistently across all engagement platforms to communicate effectively with designated audiences to drive engagement.
- Develop, manage and execute email marketing and SMS campaigns that drive traffic, brand awareness and relevance via Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS to develop and style content blocks within the existing responsive email templates
- Develop one-to-one personalization in mailings via AMPscript to deliver a unique, seamless and optimal digital guest experience
- Design and map A/B testing opportunities for all national email initiatives to improve content engagement and increase conversion rates
- Responsible for developing Data Extensions via SQL Query, File Import and Automation, along with User Interactions to provide accurate segmentation, targeting and delivery for all promotional mailings
- Manage email review process with key stakeholders to gather feedback and secure approval on all national, franchise and Royalty audiences and mailings
- Manage campaign prioritization based on revenue potential and overall corporate strategy
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop campaign strategies to ensure all brand standards are met for marketing automation channels
- Reinforce compliance with CAN-SPAM regulations to ensure Red Robin sender reputation score and deliverability
- Proactively identify and recommend process and workflow optimizations to reduce execution complexity
Reporting & Analytics
- Track and report on marketing automation campaign performance and engagement (e.g. open rate, click through rate, list size, unsubscribes, etc.) to inform future communication strategies and execution
- Monitor deliverability, data health and audience list cleanup for all triggered and automated Royalty and promotional mailings to maintain 99% - 100% delivery of all communication
- Assist in the development and execution of acquisition strategies and identify profitable acquisition opportunities, program benefits outside of discounts, and the transition of the existing Royalty
- Assist in launching programs each quarter to drive engagement and retention by utilizing consumer insights, data and analytics to ensure member lifetime value growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including the Brand Activation team to ensure strategic alignment with promotional windows
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification, which includes specialized knowledge and experience in email marketing best practices, message design, subscriber and data management, inbox delivery, email automation, and tracking and reporting analytics.
- Excellent communication, organization and people skills with high level of accountability.
- Capable of working with multiple internal departments/external vendors for a common goal.
- Energetic & enthusiastic attitude with proven ability to manage projects and deliver results.
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet and/or exceed goals and deadlines without fail and with minimal supervision.
- An aptitude in solving problems and dealing with a variety of variable situations where only limited or no standardization exists.
- Adhere to and promote company values and policies and display a strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Proficient experience and active knowledge with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and SessionM. Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud a plus.
- Ability to execute advanced email campaigns in a variety of production methods including custom templates and paste HTML.
- Proficient understanding and ability in HTML and CSS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Understands email design best practices including responsive approach.
- Experience with navigating through a database user interface.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Hospitality required or a minimum of 2 years' combination of education and experience.
- Corporate and/or restaurant industry experience strongly preferred.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer