Based in sunny Walnut Creek, CA and reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing, CaveMan Food's Shopper Marketing Manager will develop and support the execution of all in-store marketing initiatives with the goal of growing awareness, trial and driving revenue and growth.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead collaboration with brand, sales and customer to build and execute plans that deliver revenue growth goals for all categories.
- Develop insights-based shopper marketing plans that support key business and brand initiatives, new product launches and seasonal activations, including ideation, execution, & post-program reporting.
- Be a strong partner and leader to our agency partners; providing a clear vision and concise direction and feedback that drives strong strategic plans and implementation.
- Work closely with brand and sales teams to maintain extensive knowledge of the business and retail partners' landscape to make decisions based on the unique needs of our shopper, customer, and categories.
- Support the sales team with sell-in and joint business planning with all key retailers.
- Prepare business reviews, market assessments and persuasive presentations that effectively summarize a situation and/or sell-in recommendations with data and rationale.
- Support development of the CaveMan brand strategy and positioning that drives brand equity in the mind of our consumer, acting as brand champion and guardian across all brand communications. (visual identity, tone/feel, personality, values, product, etc.)
- Lead the development and execution of consumer research programs, summarize and socialize insights uncovered.
- Manage marketing materials in online libraries, internet groups, and social media sites.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in scan data analysis using SPINS, Neilsen, and/or IRI data.
- Have an eye for good design and photography with the ability to verbalize why a design or photograph is good or bad, on brand or not, salvageable or should be discarded.
- Live and breathe the company's brand and values.
- A minimum of 2+ years' experience in a CPG shopper marketing role, food industry preferred, brand marketing experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- A positive, detail oriented, flexible, and can-do attitude
- Transformative approach to leadership that inspires, empowers, and lifts others
- Awareness of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from upper management
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Drive and commitment to success while maintaining integrity
- Above average computer skills with experience in Netsuite, Keynote or PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Entrepreneurial and energetic self-starter who is strategic, flexible, and a results-driven marketer with a passion for building lifestyle brands that consumers love
- Aptitude to demonstrate a disruptive mindset
- Ability to apply best-in-class approaches and processes around general management and marketing, while helping ensure that the brand, marketing, and culture are highly differentiated in the marketplace
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- A team player who is comfortable with ambiguity + deadline pressures