The Area Director of Sales & Marketing will lead the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing Plans for the two hotels they oversee. In addition, will lead and oversee all current and new initiatives for the two properties by maximizing profitability for the hotels to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets. This will be achieved through the development and implementation of Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Generation Initiatives related to Transient, Group and Catering Markets. This position will also work directly with the Area Director of Revenue Management to support the hotels in maximizing revenues.
Scope of Position:
- Create strategic business plans based on comprehensive knowledge of market position, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
- Further develop the brand message and brand positioning.
- Develop, create and sustain long term marketing communication strategy including advertising, public relations, collateral and market positioning
- Develop annual public relations strategy and increase PR exposure for the company and individual hotels.
- Develop and implement media marketing strategy and program.
- Increase RevPAR (and RevPAR index), particularly in need periods and at hotels with opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze measure and seek to maximize the ROI of all marketing activities/initiatives.
- Oversee and effectively manage the marketing department.
- Recommend new and proven ways to bring revenues into hotels and restaurants.
- Develop annual brand business plan.
- Develop annual brand sales & marketing budget.
- Develop and track metrics and success for all marketing programs and activities.
- Manage department and achieve budgeted revenues and expenses while maximizing profitability.
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with prospective clients as necessary.
- Develop, implement and manage the annual business and strategic marketing plans.
- Develop forecasts and other reports, as required; develop rates that maximize profitability.
- Implement group ceilings and strategies through thorough review of Competitive Set data.
- Prepare the annual rooms revenue and departmental budgets.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, as required; demand analyses and mix management.
- Regularly evaluate future or advanced performance or process issues relating to group booking pace, backlog, reservations pace, rate yielding or conversion to identify any future revenue and performance shortfalls and upside opportunities.
- Actively lead and/or participate in regular Sales, Revenue, Marketing and Public Relations meetings.
- Assist in the recruitment & selection, training & development, and effective performance management of Sales & Catering staff.
- Communicate progress, obstacles and promotions with the Executive Committee to ensure full alignment.
- Regularly evaluate future or advanced performance or process issues relating to group booking pace, backlog, reservations pace, rate yielding or conversion in an effort to identify any future revenue and performance shortfalls and upside opportunities.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within the market and ensure members the Sales Team are held accountable for their respective accounts.
- Present a clean, pleasant, and professional image to all associates, guests, and clients.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in area, regional or multi-unit sales management oversight.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a hotel Director of Sales or Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
- Previous experience in similar market strongly preferred.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Viceroy Hotel Group participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees