The Production Manager, in conjunction with the QCC Director, manages all aspects of dough production within the Quality Control Center (QCC). This position ensures adherence to all quality assurance programs, meets plant productivity goals, develops leadership skills in self and direct report team, and creates a safe working environment according to Papa John's Food Service standards.
DESIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- General understanding of mechanical and mathematical skills required.
- Working knowledge of principles of food manufacturing (including Good Manufacturing Practices) and distribution operations, and safety.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PeopleSoft and Kronos application experience preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate and provide verbal and written direction in English required.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or equivalent experience in industrial/food manufacturing preferred.
- 3 years progressive management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and audits required, i.e., FDA audits, HACCP, etc.
- Formal continuous improvement methodology (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.) preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
- 24/7 on call availability required.
- Must have flexibility to work all shifts as necessary