Energetic, Go-Getter General Manager needed in Miami, FL at Woodspring Suites!
We are excited to get the right leadership in place for this hands-on leadership role at Woodspring Suites. This is a highly responsible position capable of generating profit to exceed budget expectations while maintaining operational and guest service standards. Reporting directly to the District Manager, you will handle all of the P&L decisions for a multi-million dollar operation.
Our most successful General Managers have outgoing personalities and generate revenue by asking for the sale. You will create a high energy, positive environment with highly-productive work habits for your team and a warm, inviting atmosphere for guests. General Managers recruit, select, orient, train, and manage a team of 6 - 8.
Performance based culture… We work hard and we play hard - respecting the balance between personal life and work life. We offer equal opportunity and advancement based on merit - operating with a small efficient team of hospitality professionals.
Compensation includes base pay plus monthly, quarterly and yearly bonuses.
Bi-lingual applicants are preferred, but not necessary.
EOE; empresa no discriminatorio
- Working hours are 8:00 A.M. - 6:30 P.M. Monday through Friday, and on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When required, 9am to 2pm on Saturday.
- Develop, administer and control the property revenue and expense budgets. Responsible for monthly inventories, ordering and receiving goods.
- Analyze Profit & Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit P&L Variance Reports in a timely manner.
- Review and approve the property payroll.
- Review and approve transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Authorize direct bill accounts with direct supervisor and monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable.
- Maintain relationships with vendors.
- Collection of vending machine monies.
- Facilitate/lead management processes within the property and complete sales and marketing objectives each Wednesday.
- Ensure leads are actively managed and followed up on.
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain pieces of business that are core business. Retain and service that business.
- Develop and maintain rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, clients, etc.
- Review studio inventory management to ensure maximization of studio revenue.
- Suggest/Sell Value Place amenities, products and services in order to accommodate resident's needs and increase revenues.
- Interview and hire office, housekeeping and maintenance team members.
- Ensure proper selection, training, counseling and motivation of all team members.
- Ensure proper administration of Value Place benefits programs to all property team members.
- Conduct all hourly personnel performance appraisals.
- Review all hourly team member disciplinary procedures and documentation. Follow progressive discipline steps, up to and including termination, to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Ensure team member attitude of attentiveness.
- Meet with and solicit comments from residents on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with resident services and facilities.
- Monitor results of guest comments. Take appropriate corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Respond and follow up on all written resident complaints. Ensure resident satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
- Make suggestions for ways to improve operations and increase profitability.
- Inspect studios daily according to quality standards for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance.
- Complete and submit all forms for property capital improvements.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures.
- Ensure all team members are trained to act according to procedure, in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place in all property departments, with documentation.
- Follow appropriate cash control procedures.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Ensure the security needs of the property and residents are met.
- Respond to requests from immediate supervisor. Follow-up with immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Review daily front office procedures and assure proper transmission of all necessary information.
- Ensure proper uniform standards are followed throughout departments.
- Familiarize yourself with area attractions and services to accommodate resident's needs.
- Execution of OSHA codes, company safety and security policy
- Maintain QAR scores of 80% or above
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Maintain positive communication and productive working relationship with HMC, vendors, and guests
- Apply creative solutions consistent with our mission of: Cleaner, Safer, Simple, Flexible, and Affordable
- Bachelor's degree and applicable experience preferred
- Cost management, strategic planning, and operations reporting experience; including P&L responsibilities
- Proactive and aggressive problem-solving
- Strong team development and leadership background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent organizational time management skills required
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires reliable transportation
- Standing for prolonged periods
- Repetitive stair-climbing
- Kneeling and/or squatting
- Climbing ladders
- Lifting 20 lbs over head
- Pushing and pulling 20 lbs