COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT MIAMI - AVENTURA MALL
- Handles prospecting, solicitation, inquiries, respond leads and requests from all market segments with accurate information and in a timely manner. Promptly responds to requests for information on hotel facilities and catering menus.
- Engage directly and professionally with guests and hotel operating departments to promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships and to generate repeat business. May assist in the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Front Office and Reservations to support the administration of groups
- Assure that room and catering revenue meet or exceed budget; maximizing revenue and profits to improve the hotel's performance in the marketplace
- Coordinate sales-related activities, direct sales efforts, follow-up, and proper sales administration within sales department budget
- Develop and implement strategies and techniques necessary for achieving sales goals and revenues
- Conduct site inspections, weekly sales calls, and participate on other sales activities , which may require travel
- Conduct and log in all sales data, activities, and documents in Sales Pro; meeting and/or exceeding monthly sales calls goals.
- Handle all client communication throughout the sales process and necessary documentation to develop effective business relationships
- Maintains files, correspondence and records in the department. Typing and filing using computer systems.
- Collaborate with DOS in creating and executing new action plans to increase business using marketplace data and monthly reports
- Collaborates in the creation of the annual business / marketing plan
- Exercise discretion in making business decision on behalf of the Sales Department
- Collaborates creating brochures, flyers and hotel presentations; in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and the brand.
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications, Job Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
Desired Skills and ExperienceExperience
- 2-4 Year College degree in business or hospitality related major, preferred
- Previous hospitality management experience with at least 2 years in sales
- Marriott International, Inc brands experience, preferred
- Skilled to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business acumen and hospitality industry expertise
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests, with high level of patience, diplomacy and tact.
- Bilingual communication skills in English/Spanish and/or English/Portuguese preferred
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office application. Fosse PMS and Sales Pro, preferred
- Ability to travel locally, domestic and international for purposes of sales calls, meetings and trainings; must have means of transportation when traveling i.e. ability to rent car with a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, when necessary.
- 2 year(s): Hotel sales experience
- Less than 2 year(s): Marriott International, Inc. brands experience
- High School/GED or better.
- 4-year Degree or better in General Business or related field.
- 2-year Degree or better in General Business or related field.
- Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks