Schulte Hospitality Group is seeking a talented General Manager to join our growing team with our Hampton Inn, Milwaukee, WI.. property. Please review the details below and apply if interested.
Ideal candidate will have strong organizational and leadership skills
- Managing budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
- Recruiting, training, and monitoring staff
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations, and furnishings
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring security is effective
- Carrying out inspections of property and services
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years' experience as a General Manager at a limited service property. Hilton/Marriott experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or Business preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Financial savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Location: Tallahassee, FL.
*Schulte Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer