Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: MN > LITTLE FALLS > ST GABRIEL'S HOSPITAL
Job Summary / Purpose
Individuals serving in the position of a Nutrition Services Aide for Unity Family Healthcare are responsible for following and implementing foodservice sanitation standards, therapeutic diet and portion control, meal tray set ups, respecting patients rights, communicating and providing adequate appropriate information in order to accomplish team objectives, and for promoting quality foodservice to all our customers. The person serving in this position must have good oral and written communication skills with the ability to document in daily records as well as the ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
* Patients are served meals while in the hospital in accordance with dietary restrictions and guidelines recommended by the treating physician.
* Nutrition aides must read each patient's records and distribute appropriate meals or snacks.
* responsible for portioning food or participating in basic food preparation.
* Follow Departmental policy protocol with regard to food cleanup and sanitation.
* Proper disposal of food, utensils and plates is an essential part of keeping the hospital sanitary.
* Perform cashiering duties; receive cash and make change.
* Maintain records (ex: temperature logs, transport records, etc.)
* May assist in the training of nutrition service personnel
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Prefer HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or GED
Required Licensure and Certifications
Does Not Apply
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Reading ,Writing and computer skills
* Requisition ID: 2019-R
* Schedule: Part-time
* Market: CHI St. Gabriels Health