Graduate Hotels® is seeking a Director of Sales to lead our team at Graduate Bloomigton. Graduate Hotels is a hotel collection targeting university-anchored markets across the country that celebrates each town's unique local culture and history.
The ideal candidate will have a dynamic selling background, and be results driven. This role will lead and direct the sales efforts for the rooms, events, and meeting space. If you are looking for an incredible opportunity with future growth potential, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers through positive leadership
- Sets example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers and observance of sales office standards
- Provide pricing and guidance recommendations to sales staff, review and approve any special corporate negotiated rates
- Responsible for learning the hotel brand and strategy
- Develop a working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including food and beverage, guest services, reservations
- Develop a complete knowledge and ensure adherence to company sales policies and SOPs
- Drive customer loyalty in order to grow share of the account by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Manage group or business travel accounts in assigned market segments to maximize business potential
- Negotiate group business, guest room rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within assigned markets that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
- Negotiate contracts according to company standards
- Manage and execute RFP Season Annually by facilitating the process in conjunction with the GM and/or Sales Manager
- Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation, closing, and customer communications are complete and documented
- Identify and pursue new and repeat business through prospecting calls, visits, site tours, lunches, and networking events
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (generating proposals, contracts, and customer correspondence)
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies
- Analyze sales and revenue management reports to identify trends and future demand opportunities Monitor pricing, MAR and other minimums to ensure pricing is within an acceptable range based on available inventory, current sales/revenue strategies and market demand
- Work with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of the strategies for each segment
- Facilitate frequent Sales and Revenue communication that provides recommendation and guidance to the hotel on a regular basis
- Facilitates training with Front Desk Agents and/or FOM on sales initiatives and best practices and encourages an "everyone sales" mentality
- Conducts daily/weekly sales meetings
- Attend and contribute to all revenue and sales strategy meetings and calls
- Participates in forecasting for revenue and expenses
- Understand, leverage, and implement corporate and brand tools to exceed budgets
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
- Conducts weekly and monthly share analysis for measurement of hotels market performance versus competition and implements strategies accordingly in conjunction with the Regional Director of Sales, Regional Director of Revenue Management, GM
- Recommend and implement new sales programs at the hotel and accurately track ROI
- Initiates collateral and online marketing efforts to include all printed sales collateral, direct mail, discount promotions, e-mail marketing, website presence and tracks ROI on all advertising and marketing spend
- Prepares annual marketing/business and budget plans
- Set and monitor team member goals including weekly sales activities, room night and revenue goals monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Provides ongoing feedback, training and development of team members and addresses areas of opportunity
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports
- Provide continual analysis of lost business reasons and notify property and corporate of on-going trends
- Operate the sales department within established sales expense budget
- Coordinate, prepare, and submit any required reports as requested by the Regional team or GM
- Work with the Regional Vice President of Operations, Regional Director of Sales, and Director of Revenue Management
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours
- Participates in MOD program as required
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years in progressive hotel sales with leadership responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical skills relative to impact on hotel revenues
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of revenue management principles
- Ability to use reservation and revenue management systems to develop pricing and sales recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, focus on Excel, Word and Outlook Ability to travel as needed
- Must have flexible work hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 15 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Bloomington, IN.