National Sales Manager - Food, Club, Drug, Close-out
We are a lean organization, searching for a candidate who is adept at selling with a proven ability to win new business. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of chain customers' businesses and challenges. Your primary goal will be to quickly and personally achieve aggressive organic growth by building new relationships with national and regional account chains.
- Strategically identify the right opportunities and effectively engage the right influencers and decision makers
- Actively pursue, develop and close new key national chain accounts.
- Manage broker sales network
- Work closely with other members of the sales and marketing teams on product launches, training, communication and promotional tools for your accounts
- Share competitor and segment knowledge in terms of product offerings, pricing, discounts and promotions
Required Professional Experience
- Experience working with top level buyers in corporate structures with proven ability to close business.
- Successful recent record of selling food products to targeted accounts
- Track record of successful revenue and profit generations year after year
- Proven expertise in management of customer deductions and A/R
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing Nielsen and other data reporting sources to track sales, determine ROI, and develop data-driven strategies
- Best-in-class oral and written communication skills: negotiation, deal creation and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with independent food distributors and broker sales teams
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of CPG sales experience
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Traveling nationally up to 50% of the time with some weekend travel associated with customer events
- Ideally located in St. Louis, Missouri