Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Mt. Brighton Lift Operations team is looking for enthusiastic and outdoor-oriented individuals to spend the winter with our team. At Mt. Brighton, guest service is our #1 goal and we depend on our Lift Operators to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone. The position's major responsibilities are interaction with guests, safe operation of chairlift equipment during day and/or night, and overseeing the safety of guests while they are around equipment.
AS A LIFT OPERATOR YOU WILL:
* Execute the safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of guests onto chairlifts and surface lifts.
* Greet and assist guests to make a positive impression and enhance the guest experience.
* Maintain lift ramp and snow removal.
* Operate machinery; contact Lift Maintenance if mechanical problems develop.
* Provide reports on daily lift machinery inspection logs.
* Organize traffic flow on lifts; may scan tickets.
* Open and/or close lifts as assigned. Takes responsibility of lift as defined by Lift Operations Supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be at least 18 years of age - required
* Must be able to work holidays and weekends as needed - required
* Must be able to stand outside in inclement weather for long periods of time and shovel or rake snow surfaces
* May lift up to 100 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting
* Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety
* Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
* Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English) including communicating on the mountain radio
* Ability to be outside in potentially inclement weather for up to 8 hrs - required
* Ability to shovel and rake snow surfaces
* Weight Lifted: 26-50lbs
* Lifting, Standing, Walking, Climbing/Balance Frequency: 2/3 of the time
* Sitting, Reaching, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling Frequency: 1/3
Work with a team that's passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177748