About Burger King Brand:
The year is 1954. Dave and Jim, two budding entrepreneurs, are on a mission to re-design the perfect broiler, one that will infuse flame-grilled goodness into every burger. And that's how our brand was born. Today the Burger King Corporation, its affiliates and its franchisees collectively operate more than 17,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories, serving over 11 million guests per day and they're still coming back for that flame-grilled flavor. The Burger King® brand is owned by Restaurant Brands International Inc. ("RBI"), which owns three of the world's iconic quick service restaurant brands - Burger King®, Tim Hortons®, and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen®. But we still have room to grow - and that's where you come in. We need strong operations, bold marketing, and the best people around to make these brands great. And if we like what we see, there's no limit to how far you could go here.
About Sustainability at Burger King:
As a corporation, we define corporate responsibility as looking beyond a strong bottom line to consider the impact of everything we do. It's about doing the right thing as a corporate citizen in today's global marketplace while successfully meeting business goals and objectives.
To us, corporate responsibility isn't about a final destination; it's about an ongoing journey. We know our policies and procedures will evolve and change as the landscape in which we do business evolves and changes.
The better job we do at being responsible today, the better our business will be in the future. We know that from a pure business sense, it can help us manage risk, enhance employee morale and retention, strengthen brand loyalty, build goodwill in and strengthen the communities in which we operate and can directly affect the bottom line in terms of energy savings and waste reduction. We also know that it must be a way of thinking and fully embedded within our brand. That is why our approach is stakeholder-driven, focused on four key areas - Food, People, Environment and Corporate Governance.
The company seeks a Senior Manager, Sustainability, supporting the execution of Burger King sustainability plans in alignment with the sustainability strategy of RBI. The Senior Manager will assist in strategy development and lead implementation of the company's sustainability efforts. This includes managing company-wide projects on specific issue areas, and support the execution of sustainability goals by other departments/functions. This is a flexible role, reporting to the Head of Innovation & Sustainability.
- Lead management of Burger King specific sustainability strategy, goal- and policy-setting process in collaboration with the Head of Innovation & Sustainability and leaders from RBI as required.
- Manage and execute elements of Burger King's sustainability plan, and oversee project management, facilitation and execution of goals carried out by departments such as Supply Chain / Procurement, Product Development, Corporate Affairs, Packaging, Research and Development, Global Human Resources, Franchisee Affairs and marketing and communications teams.
- Track and report progress on budget and work plans, including management of sustainability pilots, to the Head of Innovation & Sustainability.
- Work in close collaboration with key internal business leads to execute strategy, including liaising with RBI counterparts on corporate-wide objectives.
- Serve as point of contact with corporate functions and business partners such as, supply chain, operations, franchisees affairs and human resources.
- Benchmark, synthesize, and communicate external and internal trends and insights; support identification of emerging sustainability issues, and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Manage company sustainability reporting process and investor and customer surveys.
- Represent BK in external sustainability collaborations, managing communications with key internal stakeholders
- Manage sustainability governance committee/cross-functional meetings.
Qualification and Skills:
- Current and clear understanding of sustainability concepts, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, particularly those in the food industry, restaurant-specific a plus (including animal welfare standards, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, Carbon Disclosure Project and science based targets, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact, US/Global Roundtable on Sustainable Beef, etc.).
- Additional subject matter expertise across Burger King areas a plus, including sustainability management, reporting and transparency, inclusion and diversity, sustainable agriculture and/or supply chain.
- General understanding of raw material supply chains and ESG challenges
- Flexibility and motivation to learn new content, consider new resources, and innovate.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate and solve complex problems and resolve issues independently / with partnership guidance.
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands and of franchisee model a plus.
- Excellent organization skills, with strong ability to multitask and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines, and re-prioritize as-needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include various other departments within the brand, Burger King business partners, advocacy organizations and issue experts, and franchise partners.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainability efforts.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze small and large data sets into useful information, depending on the need.
- Ability to translate complex circumstances and ideas and clear, concise, and supported recommendations
- Fluent in both written and conversational English; fluency in a second language an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- High ethical standards and commitment to core values of [BK/RBI core values].
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and/or highly sensitive situations.
- Ability to lead from the front, middle, and back of a group - team driven.
- Ability to undertake business travel 25 percent of time or more.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, Master's degree in business, operations, sustainability or a related field a plus
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in a top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business, a CSR/sustainability, or sustainability focused operations or similar role in the private sector, preferably restaurant industry
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.