The Account Manager maintains and grows relationships with customers, while achieving an assigned sales and profit growth goal. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Account Manager is expected to retain existing business, while pursuing profitable growth opportunities in assigned customer accounts. The Account Manager is responsible for selling and supporting the company's complete set of capabilities and product offering to an assigned set of named accounts. Focusing on customers with high-value, strategic growth opportunity, the Account Manager's interactions include phone, email and face-to-face meetings. The Account Manager is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profitability goal.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Retains and profitably grows volume, sales, and profitability through proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
· Penetrates assigned accounts by:
1. Selling new or additional products to current buyers; and/or
2. Finding additional buyers within the existing customer set; and/or
3. Selling new customers
· Sells the Georgia Nut's complete set of capabilities and product offerings.
· Leads all aspects of the sales and commercialization process, calling upon support from Project Management and other support departments to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management.
· Develops customer account plans for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/customer planning process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success.
· Proactively manages customers' satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
· Manages assigned customers' transition from the Business Development group during customer implementation.
· Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors
· Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance sales operations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Four year college degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum 3 years of sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train, recruit, manage and evaluate direct reports.
· Excellent time management and organization skills
· Strong analytical skills
· PC Proficiency including Outlook, Excel, SharePoint and Microsoft AX