Do you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a motivated and charismatic Business & Leisure Travel Sales Manager to help make our guest experience exceptional. The right attitude and desire to work on our Sales Team are important qualities! Got personality? Bring it.
Your job is to sell! You are an outgoing and energetic person anyway, in every conversation you envision opportunity to connect people to your product. The Standard, Downtown LA is a unique and interesting alternative to the other properties in Downtown LA!
You'll do the following and more!
- Must obtain knowledge of the Downtown LA feeder markets (Entertainment, Finance, Legal, Fashion, Architect, Tech., Insurance, Healthcare)
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Come on...you're in Sales!
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
- Make telephone and DIRECT sales calls on all accounts in assigned market areas. Follow up promptly with appropriate action to support telephone and direct sales calls.
- Travel and solicit business designated by the marketing plan and the Director of Sales.
- Achieve weekly prospecting goals consistently.
- Create permanent files for all corporations with strong room night potential.
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying client needs.
- Achieve weekly goals of property tours and onsite client entertainment.
- Meet required individual goals of overall sales and profitability through the evaluation, solicitation, selling and confirming of business.
- Develop data and recommend programs to meet client needs as well as recommend alternate proposals.
- Qualify profitability of prospective leads.
- Sell/Up sell all hotel services and revenue generating outlets.
- Understands and maximizes the utilization of all automated sales and reservation systems involved with corporate and group business.
- Report on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis plan/goal.
- Contact other customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business repeat bookings or referrals to other Standard properties.
- Develop and manage a direct marketing program aimed at generating business with the DOS.
- Coordinate with other Department Heads to ensure quality of client satisfaction.
- Follow up on progress of booked business and key account performance.
- Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase sales activity, volume and profit.
- Participate in sales meetings and industry related organizations to represent the portfolio of properties for Standard Properties.
- Coordinate special events, promotions and publicity activities as assigned.
- Maintain complete working knowledge of local competition.
- Provide input on the transient segment of the marketing plan and budgets relevant to your market.
- Participate in trade associations such as HSMAI, NBTA, and others local organizations.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times and conduct personal behavior in a mature professional business manner when representing the hotel or company.
Job Requirements: Personality is a big asset at The Standard, Downtown LA! We know you have one so in conjunction with all the other components below... show us your personality! Take a moment and write a cover letter that introduces yourself to us - highlighting why you are the ideal candidate!
- Extensive knowledge of the Downtown LA market
- BA graduate. (preferred or relevant work experience in hospitality sales)
- 2 years experience in Corporate & Tour & Travel Sales
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of team.
- Understand and maximize the utilization of Delphi, Opera & Microsoft Office
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
HotelCrafters LA LLC