ShopRite of?South Brunswick is seeking Food Service Clerk s!!
To deliver a great customer experience by providing attentive, friendly and knowledgeable service, answering customer questions and making recommendations through suggestive selling; assist the Food Service Manager in the daily operation in the Food Service department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department with a focus on the preparation and safe handling of products sold throughout the department; to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and?regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to operate all equipment customarily used by the Food Service Department and other equipment as may be required.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Maintain acceptable shelf, case and display conditions by stocking, cleaning, straightening and rotating product.
- Prepare product, including salads, sandwiches, chicken, pizza, and pasta, entrees, catering orders, etc. according to recipe and established Company standards.
- Check to ensure that proper temperatures are maintained in the display cases, steam tables, during heating and cooling of product and in all storage areas.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to ensure quality protection and product rotation.?
- Handle damaged and unsaleable product according to Company policy.
- Maintain signage on all items to alert customers to product choices and ingredients.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Food Service operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Operate equipment as required by department, including slicer, scale, can opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryolator, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter, and stove/oven.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.?
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate equipment and merchandise that weights 25 lbs.?and occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Food Service Department that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 60 lbs.
- Stand in Food Service Department for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Food Service operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company?s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer?s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo?s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
Call? or Apply Today!!