Era Living is seeking an Area Sous Chef to become the newest member of our Culinary team based out of our corporate office in downtown Seattle, WA. Competitive Compensation and a Complete Benefits Package including:
- Company Sponsored Health Plan
- 401k with Generous Employer Match
- Vacation & Sick Leave Employee Discount Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership & Longevity Bonuses
- The advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements!
The Area Sous Chef provides support to the community food service teams by covering absences of the Culinary Services Directors, assuming the functional lead position in the kitchen(s) for all operations. This includes directing kitchen staff and ensuring all duties are complete, ensuring cleanliness and proper storage of leftovers, and assisting with training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
About Era Living:
- High School Diploma or GED and advanced training in sanitation and food borne illness control
- Three plus years cooking experience in a high volume food service establishment, including experience training kitchen staff.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) certified
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to work variable hours and days and fill in at communities as needed
- Ability to pass DSHS background check, required.
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values based approach to your work, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, strong team orientation, and outstanding communication, we welcome your application!
Please visit our careers site, Era Living has been voted #4 Best Place to Work in Seattle 2017 (CityVoters) and Top 5 BEST Places to Work in 2014 & 2015 (King5 Best of Western Washington!).