Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The will be accountable for coordinated, aligned and successful innovation through exploration, development, and implementation of new and improvement of existing products in Cargill's Protein Ingredients and International Channel. Project work will align with the business strategy. Customer focused innovation activities will focus on consumer insights, new product and technology development, new process development, customer partnership and technical sales support. Innovation includes the entire process from ideation to commercialization. The purpose of this position is to provide project and technical management for new product development. This position will be responsible for customer focused innovation in thermal screw and processed meat product applications. This position will be intimately involved with customer R&D and purchasing teams as well as Cargill manufacturing teams utilizing project management and implementation tools. Principal Accountabilities 60% Ideate, research, and develop customer focused products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products and solutions.15% Develop and build key customer and industry/vendor relationships to facilitate innovation and to stay abreast of trend and market analysis, and new developments in meat and functional food ingredients.10% Documentation and IP protection of formulae and processes developed.15% Assist Sales with customer ideation sessions, prototype development, and presentations.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Meat Science, Food Science, Animal Science or other related field.
• +2 years of experience in product development and commercialization or processed meats manufacturing OR Masters or PhD can see as equivalent to years of experience.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work in hot and cold environments.
• Travel up to 20% of time. Preferred Qualifications
• Bilingual in Spanish.
• Experience with further processed cooked meat, particularly Thermal Screw technology.
• Pizza topping or sausage formulation experience Success factors / Abilities • Proficient computer and strong project management skills with a drive for results.
• Highly motivated individual with knowledge of scientific procedure.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Research and Development